[Q] E-PL1 with Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm

vlad_p

<p>Hi,<br>

wanted to know if <br>

Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm can be used on E-PL1 when in Movie's mode?</p>

<p>Will it have<br>

a) continious autofocus<br>

b) image stabilization</p>

<p>when used on that camera body?</p>

<p>If not, are there alternative for the same focal length and price range that would support both aspects above.</p>

<p>thank you in advance</p>

<p>Both the E-PL1 and the Panasonic 14-140 have image stabilization. If the two work in the micro world like the regular 43/rd world with Panny's DSLR lenses, you should not have both turned on at the same time, so if you decide to utilize the OIS system in the Panasonic, turn image stabilization in the E-PL1 off. Either will work, just don't use them together. They are not designed to be used together.</p>

<p>I believe the Olympus 14-150mm Zuiko is designed as a movie lens and would be shocked if it did not offer continuous AF with the E-PL1 in movie mode...</p>

<p><a href="http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/olympus_m_14-150_4-5p6_o20/page2.asp">http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/olympus_m_14-150_4-5p6_o20/page2.asp</a></p>

<p>I have both a GF1 and an E-PL1, but I don't have this lens, so I can't answer your question. Possibly a better place to ask would be on the mu-43.com forums, which are micro-4/3 specific.<br>

Given that the E-PL1 does image stabilization in body (rather than in-lens like the Panasonics do), it'd surprise me if it didn't support stabilization. That said, I just picked up my Oly this week and haven't tried to shoot video with it.</p>

<p>Hi, Vlad. There's no reason to think the Panasonic 14-140 would not work in movie mode with the E-PL1. The two brands are supposed to work interchangeably. The one Panasonic lens I own for use with my E-PL1, the 20mm f1.7, works in every conceivable way with the E-PL1.</p>

<p>I think the only lens Panasonic is currently working on that will not operate with Olympus micro bodies, at least not up front when it first hits the market, is the still-in-development 3D lens.</p>