PZ-1 w/ Pentax 35-80mm lens (AF)

guy_gervais

A similar deal in a PZ-1p would be better. There were significant updates in the 1p model. Mirror lockup with 2 sec timer setting, far superior metering indication, important controls taken out of custom menu for quicker use, are just some of them. The PZ-1p is an extraordinarily fine camera, and I have seen some in virtually perfect condition with owners' manual go for a similar price.

Guy, I'd say that's more or less a fair market price for that body and lens. Not a stellar deal but not a rip off either. If you get it and decide it's not for you you should be able to recoup that on the Bay with little difficulity. The PZ-1 bodies seem to go between $100 and about $140. I don't know anything about that lens.

Check KEH.com and eBay and search completed ebay auctions to get an idea of what it's worth. There is value in seeing and knowing what you're getting upfront. How I HATE auction surprises...

/Roger

Yeah well thanks everyone but I lost it.

Seems that from what I've read so far the 35-80 is only a passable lens the 28-80 would be much better.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a PZ-1 or 1p body or one that comes with the 28-80.

Again thanks to all for your valuable comments.

Guy

Justin, I know you mean the 1P. I remember that about $600 was the going price back then. I lucked out and got mine with a $100 rebate. Later I got my second one at a discontinued closeout price. Now a perfect used one goes for very reasonable cost, considering its quality and features.

Works, but I got the K10D soon after so I've been using it. The only issue is that the battery cover was broken, but the owner disclosed it and that he'd fashioned his on latch, which isn't a problem for me. So yep, I'm good.

also got about 3 of those fa 28-80mm lenses. Make me an offer before i stick them on eeckbay if you want.