Hello All

I have been using Pyrocat HD and have been having some issues, it has been hit and miss.

Saturday I developed a roll of HP5 and it came out blank, the time before no problem, I am using it 1-1-100 and I use separate measuring vessels and separate syringes and all are marked A and B

I use distilled water and my method has been the same for all the rolls and some come out great and some nothing.

The film has a pink cast almost like XP2 and the developer pours out a orange-pinkish color.

Can some of you who use the Pyro's tell me how you mix your developer, ie: do you pour A in and mix in the water and then pour in B and mix that or is there a different way to do it.

Again I have rolls come out great and others that are blank and I have done the same process on all .

Thanks

Don

Don, I believe you can just dump A into the container, dump B into the container & stir. Give this mix 4-5 to activate. 3 min DI presoak & you should be good. I do not know what size tank you are using, but I use 3ml of A & B in my 450ml Nikor for each 135-36 or 120 roll. Any pink cast on the developed film means your fixer is not working. Run a test strip thru the fixer to see how long it takes to clear the film. 2X that time for complete fixing. My rule of thumb is if the TOTAL fix time goes past 12 minutes, get new fixer. The developer coloring is unknown to me. Perhaps Rick can chime in as he uses the HP-5. Aloha, Bill

You might want to copy a bit from my Igloo cooler set up. Get a 650ml drink bottle, empty, clean & then mark a ring of the liquid level for your tank. Fill this with DI & just add the A & B before processing. Invert several times to mix. Again, give it 4-5 minutes to activate. Bill