putting a zeiss 105mm in a kodak junior 2

had a spare zeiss shutter lens in my spares box with a novar lens

so i thought id upgrade the kodak junior 2 which was modified to take 120 film a few years ago

i also found a tight fitting kodak case that i installed a moveable rear red window cover ive also have an original kodak tourist 2 i persuaded an artist to part with it instead of cutting it up to make a sculpture out of................

[ATTACH=full]1408308[/ATTACH]

009.thumb.JPG.58828ba91520d64bde3dfb47cf1f4dc3.JPG

Should be ok if the thread on the rear of the Zeiss shutter is the same diameter as the opening in the Junior's lens mount

With the Zeiss you'll have six extra speeds and perhaps one or two extra "f" stops - that's a plus. It will have greater versatility over a broader light range, and could be handheld more often than with the kodak shutter on the camera

The first picture doesn't appear. Are you saying you have done this? Getting the focus set correctly may be the main issue.

I've got a Kodak Sterling 2 which has the same body as the Junior 2 (and Junior 1) but has the faster Anaston F/4.5 lens and a Pronto shutter with four speeds plus B. I don't know how the Anaston compares with the Novar but I had some very nice images out of it. They can usually be found quite cheaply on the auction site, often in near mint condition.

I never had it converted, the film chambers are very tight and won't accept 120 spools even when trimmed. Here's a thread I did about it: LINK --- --- --- Some Old Shots from a Kodak Sterling 2

Yes John ive completed the camera i couldn't get any more of the photos to load up .

Kmac the shutter fitted perfectly in the camera as the threaded part of both shutters are the same standard size

and i set the infinity focus on the zeiss shutter lens as normal after installing the shutter lens

i had to lengthen the zeiss shutter arm to match up to the kodak camera

Converting the camera body to 120 roll film was easy as kodak basically just cast in aluminum blocks in the film chambers to stop you putting in 120 film spools

so all you have to do is remove the blocks with a dremel rotary tool and put a bigger tab to fit in the 120 film spools in the wind on axle

so all you have to do is remove the blocks with a dremel rotary tool and put a bigger tab to fit in the 120 film spools in the wind on axle

Oh right that's interesting. I will have another look at the Sterling then, although I have enough options now for 6X9 on 120 to make it unlikely that I'll do it.