and weddings. What size photos do most people prefer? Should I put

photos of all the same size or random sizes in a nice leather

albumn? My sister's wedding was all 5X5's but since I'm not offering

albums at this point in my packages then does it really matter on

having photos all the same size in my portfolio? Will it matter when

I offer albums?

thanks a bunch!

Hi Kayleen.

I may not be qualified to answer this, If the portfolio that you want to make is for presintations to perspective customers, and not necesarily for comercial presintation then this may help!

From my own observations, looking through pro's portfolio's, gudging them for a possable for hire, to do a wedding or portrates, I had noticed that a lot of them will place a variaty of sizes into one portfolio, for example, general shots in 4x5's, a few to illistrate how thier better work looks in 5x7's and one or two very good ones that they want noticed in 8x10's.

Hopefully someone more qualified than I can give you more insight into a good all around settup to use, but if not, I wouldn't be afraid to call a few local pro's and ask if you could come by and see theirs!

Good luck!

Ken.

I make sample size an sample packages i offer, from some 4x6 up to a 11x14 of the same portrait. and one glossy,matt, and canvise.

if you have a framer that can frame the 11x14 the would look good too. and a sample album. i do this beacuse in most cases the bride not the only one looking at the photos..mom,girlfriend, sister, groom might be looking at the photo too.keeps eveyone busy looking!

I'd have a seperate book for each. I show clients a sample deluxe proof album...(plus proof albums that is from an actual wedding which I normally have on hand for orders). I also put together two typical final wedding albums. One is Library Bound and the other is a beautiful album from Australia. Both albums are in storybook form with an assortment (60-80 prints) of sizes from 3 1/2 x 5 to 8x10. <p>I think it helps them to also get excited about the prospect of doing an album with me later. <p>For the Portrait and Baby Portfolio -- I have "THE BOOK" www.michelcompany.com in 5x7 size. The pages have adhesive srips you pull off and the image fits in nearly a flush style - edge to edge. It also comes in 8x10 size. Maximum number of prints = 30