Push processing color negatives?

I've read about Superia films being designed for C-41 push processing and I've seen people talk of pushing NPZ to 1600, but C-41 generally has a standardized developer time for all films. What's the skinny on C-41 push processing?<p>

I ask also because I got a little bit of a scare last night. I warmed up my Jobo, opened up my processing log, scanned for my last use of Flexicolor chemistry and times, and started developing away. 4 minutes later I realized that my log book read '6m30s' for every Flexicolor entry. I panicked because the developer time should only be 3:15.<p>

Now either my log book is in error or all my film (except for the first few rolls I did where I was strictly adhering to published times, not my own records) is overdeveloped. Possibly a combination of both. What traits would C-41 negs exhibit if they were overdeveloped by 100% normal time?

C-41 is a standard process and it doesn't depend on the film's speed or brand. However, small variations are possible. I did push color negatives several times (I used Agfa 200 pushed to 400) and I got very good results by increasing the developing time by one minute. The guy at the lab was a friend of mine, so he let me use his machine to experiment. :-)