Purchasing from KievUsa or Arax

luis_rives

<p>My experience with the Kiev60 a few years ago was entirely bad. Poorly machined lens mount; no proper frame spacing mechanism; no mirror arrester to stop the mirror bouncing down during exposure; intermittent flash firing; poor shutter speed accuracy; iffy lens quality; body made of such thin material you could cut yourself on it .... etc, etc.</p>

<p>Unless the camera has been <strong>completely</strong> redesigned and re-engineered since then, I wouldn't touch another one with a 10 foot pole. Get a Yashi'mat or Mamiya 645 and you won't regret it.</p>

<p>If you like a tightly fit camera with high end finish and a name to brag with then step away. But if you like a decent picture maker with the opportunity to use some of the greatest lenses made and that sounds like triggering a Kalashnikov when you advance to the next frame then Comrade, this is the camera for you. Sure, it isn't a Hasselblad but the Arax 60 is a reliable camera for an extremely low price. What else does one need? The people of Arax are really good and responsive, payment is a bliss and I got the gear pretty fast too.</p>

<p>I've been using a Kiev 6C purchased from eBay for around 8 months with no issues. As long as you follow the instructions, and treat it right, it works really well. I'd definitely recommend a Kiev. As for Arax or KievUSA, I would go with Arax. They seem to have a better reputation.</p>