Provia 100 look in Cross processing.

Hello,

I have seen some really well processed images [iMO] using Provia 100

[not 100F], I am attaching few samples if someone know how to

achieve that look throught cross processing and which E6 film to

use, I would really appreiciate it.

I mostly think its provia 100, but I could be wrong.<div>00Dm1u-25950984.thumb.jpg.700b11f2b01a9851efd48b636e888b81.jpg</div>

You dont think 100f looks like your samples? i would say that most fujifilms come out this way giving a coldish green cast. Velvia is a little more subtle with its cast but it would depend on where you get it processed. so many variables with cross processing.

I have attached an example of a provia 100f shot. It was pushed so is darker than what it would normally be.<div>00Dm7m-25952584.jpg.baed7a32b99b1d0df62cb567304bdd37.jpg</div>

As for his highlights being so blown out...maybe use flash and pull a few stops? Looks to be quite a lot of white light wherever he is shooting. Hope this helps, its nice to know that you wanna get this effect, a lot of people dislike cross processing, but each to their own 'ay!?

Most Kodak slide films are excellent for cross-processing -- they have a better reputation than Fuji films in this regard. My best results were made with old-school Kodak Ektachrome Professional Plus 100 (EPP), but the other Ektachrome films also have great potential, especially E100G. I suggest you try both films, they should be pretty close to your examples.

<bR>This said, you should be aware that cross-processing results are often inconsistent and hard to predict. A lot depends on lighting and the color of the light (sunny, clouds, tungsten, flash etc). And don't forget that cross-processing results in negative film, so you can have some color adjustments made in the printing of the picture. <p>In the end, you will have to try everything yourself and see if you (or your clients) like the look of the images. <i>"It's the only way to be sure."</i>