Proof Book recommendations

wingnut

I am looking for some recommendations for proof books for clients.

Something a little more upscale than the plastic sleeve type of

album from Ben Franklin crafts. However, I am also not looking for

the kind of thing a $5000 per wedding studio would offer either.

Thanks for any assistance.

I also recommend www.michelcompany.com 800 621 6649.

Call them and you'll get an immediate "live" person on the phone! Friendly, helpful.

Ask for the catalog or maybe there is a photo on the website of the

Renaissance proof book (no 4x6 size though) and the LAS Corina Quad

which holds 4x6. I prefer the 6x6 (not in the catalog but available)

so I cand display all my 4x6's in such a way that you don't need to turn the book.

Art Leather does have an upscale - black proof album with black rings but I find it extremely time consuming to put the images in the sleeves as there isn't much room in the sleeve.

I mostly use the HPI proof books even though they are three up with plastic sleeves because it is a comb binding rather than ring binding and has a huge capacity. You can also get these from Michel Company. Max capacity (although I've pushed it) is 250. The code is XTVA-46

If you are shooting digital, check out the proof books at West Michigan Photo Works www.wmphotoworks.com. They are less expensive than portfolios and a very slick contemporary presentation. Can be ordered via their ROES software. If you are shooting film, the portfolios from General Products are nice and affordable.

Bob - Rings have a tendency to break. That's why I stopped using them. It could be because I packed those proof books to capacity. The ones I mention above are plastic comb construction. The other book is at least a sturdy - black ring binding.