Problems with the D300

neo_fragoso

When I push the play button to see my pictures the picture appears but when I try

to go back and forth to see the other pictures the display just freezes. It has

happened about 70 % of the time. The majority of the time I have to turn the

camera off and on so it can start working again. Has anyone had this problem and

if yes do you know what it is?

I have tried a different memory card. Now that I think about it this problem never happened when I was not using the SB-800 flash. Somehow the flash is making my camera go crazy. I am going to have my flash replaced and see if the problem happens again. I also updated the firmware to the 1.02.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

This DID happen to me and it's very frustrating, especially as a wedding photographer and I repeatedly check my lcd for blinks and the histogram.

Long story short, I sent the camera back to Nikon and they "fixed" it. When I got it back, 5 minutes after starting my next wedding, it did the same thing AND started giving me false low battery warnings. I sent it back again and they replaced the camera. Unfortunately, it's still doing the same thing. I'm buying a second D300 anyway, will use this one as a backup, and send it back again when I have the room in my schedule.

I did notice that if you accidentally push the flash mode button (the one with the lightning bolt) on the front of the camera, the lcd will freeze up. If you let go it will work again and I'm 99% positive that this is not the only cause of the problem or I would have picked up on this before. It's such a small button that it's easy to not notice you're pressing it.

Sam

• 4 months later...