Problems With New 5D Mark II

mneace

<p>Just got a new 5D II last week and used it in a wedding shoot yesterday. Well, tried to anyway. We noticed straight away that the shutter sound was a bit off. Very metallic sounding. Listened to some posted shutter sounds for that camera on Youtube and our new model is definitely off. Opened a ticket for Canon repair and I was planning on dropping that off in NJ Monday.</p>

<p>Yesterday when trying to shoot in bright sunlight in AV mode it would not adjust the shutter speed properly, at all. It over-exposed every shot, dramatically. We had aperture at 2.8 in AV mode, ISO 100, in bright sunlight, and it set the shutter speed at 80. We put the 5D back in the bag and replaced it with our backup 7D and it set the shutter speed, same lens, same aperture, at 1800!</p>

<p>Now my question is, should I have the NJ repair center fix it our just send this lemon back? Is it reasonable to assume the repair center will get it up to factor specs and I’ll have no further issues, or is this thing a lemon all the way through? What would you do/suggest?</p>

<p>Dan, we have 2 backup cameras, 7D and 40D. We had heavily tested it during the week, indoors, outdoors and ISO 12233 testing. All fine. Took a lot of shots at the bride's home and hair salon, all fine. Once we got outdoors the AF issue was immediately apparent. Something happened during the day, that's why we have 2 backups.</p>