Problems installing Capture NX2 on New Imac

Rob Davies

<p>Recently bought an imac to replace my slightiy elderly pc and I'm currently in the process of transferring all my software over to the new machine.<br>

Everything was going fine until I tried installing NX2, when attempting the install I'm left with the following message:</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"You can’t open the application “.Capture NX Setup.pkg” because PowerPC applications are no longer supported.You can’t open the application “.Capture NX Setup.pkg” because PowerPC applications are no longer supported."</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Anyone got any ideas?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Try downloading the most recent version of CNX2. Nikon replaced the PowerPC installer with one that will only run on Intel iMacs to work with the newer versions of OSX that no longer support PowerPC apps. I think the PoserPC installer stopped working on Lion ...</p>

<p>Lastest full version is 2.3.0 and there is an updater that brings that to 2.4.1</p>

<p>You must have an older version. That's why it is happening.<br>

Here is what you need to do......<br>

Go to Nikon download and download the latest COMPLETE version of NX2. I think is 2.3.0 Then you install it and enter your serial number. After than you update with whatever updates is pending, maybe 2.4.0.</p>

<p>Gone back to the main Nikon download page and followed the following instructions:</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Macintosh<br />Download S-CNX2__-230MF-NSAEN-32BIT_.dmg.<br />Once S-CNX2__-230MF-NSAEN-32BIT_.dmg has finished downloading, a Capture NX 2 Setup disk image will be mounted. A file titled Capture NX 2 Setup will be created inside the disk image.<br />Double-click Capture NX 2 Setup to launch the software installer. <br />Follow the on-screen instructions to accurately complete the installation.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Still getting the original error message. <br /><br />Many thanks for the help, any more ideas?<br>

</p>

• 9 months later...

<p>HELP! I have Mac 10.7.5 and just bought Capture NX2 and get the same message!<br>

I saw Robert Davies query and tried to locate:<br>

Download S-CNX2__-230MF-NSAEN-32BIT_.dmg <br>

on the Nikon site but can't find it.<br>

<br>

Can anyone send a link or help me navigate through this? Stupid Nikon!!<br>

</p>

<p>Thanks for the quick response.<br>

Yeah, sorry about that, got a little upset.<br>

But still, when I loaded the CD I got that message. Sounds like somethings not right there.<br>

I found the Nikon download site and downloaded a 60-day trial version and then entered my product key.<br>

It's loaded now. Is this still an ok way of having gone about it? I assume my 60-day is now permanent?<br>

Thanks Andy!</p>