Problem: Wobbly Lens on Rollei 35 S

There is a little wobble in the lens barrel and when I shutter fires I noticed the lens moves horizontally either to the right or to the left. I tested it after this problem and found out serious shakes on 1/250s shutter speed and lower.

Anyone experienced this problem with their rollei? Any idea how to fix it?

Many thanks!

Its been a while since I've used a Rollei 35 and this may be a silly answer but did you twist the barrel to lock it in place? Other wise I have no answer for you other than to take it to a camera repairman.

Yeah, it's extended and locked. No problem with this part. The only issue is the it's not stiff, it moves when the shutter fires causing a slight shake.

• 4 years later...

Hello how are you doing? I wanted to know if you were able to solve it and if the movement of the lens caused blur in the photos, I have the same problem and I wanted to know if it was worth sending it for repair

Edited by Cosentino

I don't know these cameras, but the Camera-wiki page includes this link, where the guy (Ian Axford) repaired one.

http://photographic.co.nz/cameraworks/cameras/rollei35/

The lens and shutter unit is secured to the body by three little screws, it seems, and one had fallen out and jammed the film advance. The bottom photo shows where he replaced the screw, behind the lens. If you're lucky, the problem might just be that one or more of these screws is loose. It looks like they should be accessible with a little screwdriver, without taking the camera apart. Don't use all your strength tightening them - Mr Axford notes that some of the camera is plastic, and not too robust. Good luck!