Problem with RZ and AE Prizm finder

rene_theberge

Recently, I took out my RZ 67 with the AE Prizm Finder I after it had sat unused in a backpack for several months. Previously it had worked fine, but

when I attempted to use it this time, there seems to be something wrong with the electronic interface. Mechanically, the camera works great, but

when I put the Finder on it and depress the shutter halfway, instead of a meter reading, all I get is the center red warning light which (according to the

manual) means the darkslide is in place even though the darkslide is not in place. It has a new battery. Any thoughts or suggests for what I could do

before taking it in for repair? Is it the Finder or the body?

I second what Martin and danny suggest.

Remove and remount EVERYTHING and it wouldn't hurt to clean all contacts.

For the finder to work properly all the contacts have to work in concert so if one isn't functioning...

I never liked the way the finder mounts since it is difficult to have it seat correctly so try mounting it several times.

Good luck and I haven't found anyone to work on these older model Finders so if anyone knows a good tech that will, I need

mine rechipped to work on Pro II bodies.

Thanks for all your help. I'll have to wait to follow Martin's suggestion as there's a roll of film in the holder. I'll finish it off in the next

few days using a hand held meter. Danny's suggestion on the back being locked might also be the problem as the lever doesn't

seem to go over right. I'll have to borrow another back and see it that works.