Problem With Rolleiflex GX Battery Running Down

lutherhert

<p>I recently purchased a Rolleiflex GX. The battery for the light meter never turns off and I therefore need to replace the battery, after shooting a few rolls of film. There are plenty of answers in the Medium Format forum about batteries being too long, but I find nothing on this topic.<br>

Thank you.</p>

<p>I was told by a knowledgeable source: "The side LED should be off, as well as the LED in the viewfinder. Lightly press the shutter button and the LED should turn on for 30 seconds. If it's on longer or stays on, there is something wrong with the shutter contact." So, the electrical short diagnoses seems apropos, although the test light does not remain on, the LED's in the view finder remain turned on, after the frame is shot. I need to contact a repair person who is knowledgeable regarding GX repairs. Can anyone provide me the name or names of some good repair persons. During a long illness, I lost all of my records. Thank you for your help.<br>

Luther Hert</p>

<p>That is interesting to know. Although Harry Fleenor did service my FX I understand now that he won't work on the FX/GX anymore because of the electronics. I will make a note of your place. Be interested to hear what they had to say to you and what you think of the service once it is done.</p>

<p>Harry directed me to Key Camera Service. The owner of Key Camera has been excellent in how he communicates and keeps me updated regarding my camera. He confirmed that the release mechanism had worn and was jamming internally, which keeps the current flowing and probably over exposing film. He is very busy and let me know that it will take about three weeks before he can return my camera. All work is guaranteed and all return mail is insured. I am confident that his work will be superior as the only other technician that was mentioned is a factory tech in Germany. I will follow up with our group, when I get the camera back. I thank everyone for their input.<br>

Best regards,<br>

Luther Hert</p>