Problem with panaramic framelines on Nikon 35Ti

alan_wilder1

<p>I noticed when switching to the panaramic mode on the 35Ti, the framelines disappear in the finder. The camera does has a custom feature that allows this to happen, but mine does it regardless of whether or not this feature is engaged. Reseting everything back to the initial (default) setting doesn't help. Anyone have an idea how to get the frame lines to appear in the panaramic mode or is it something I'd have to live with or send out for repair?</p>

<p>Alan, Alan, Alan -<br>

:-)</p>

<p>You may be as exapserated with the 35ti custom setting procedure as I am. One needs to restrain me from tossing it like a brick at times. See Rockwell's site for the 35ti listing.<br>

The best explanation I've seen; scroll down to custom functions and follow his advice.</p>

<p>It <strong>MUST </strong> be in 03 0 00 mode for pano lines to be visible! If it is in 03 0 01 mode, no pano lines at all. Gee thanks Nikon, make it hard why don't ya? Can you make the regular 35 lines go away ... noooooooooooooooooooooo. They do nicely move for parallax correction when close focusing (as do the pano frame-lines when set correctly).</p>

<p>Every time you take the battery out, the beast becomes dead again and all this hooey needs to be re-entered. Why do I deal with all this ... 'cuz the lens and metering are both superb for a compact 35mm camera. I've seen none better until you get to SLR size. They will have to pry this camera from my cold, dead fingers unless I just had a fit and tossed it!</p>

<p>Also check the mir site for all that's fit to print out for instructions.<br>

Jim.</p>

<p>Thanks Jim. I've already checked to make sure the custom code was correctly displayed as 03 0 00 (initial setting) which should bring up the panoramic lines but the camera acts instead like it's 03 0 01 with respect to the framelines no matter which way I do it. I'm just wondering if there is a way around this computer or microchip malfunction by playing with the custom code settings sequence or possibly entering a different code. </p>

<p>Success! I'm not sure how, but another attempt seems to have worked. Maybe it was in the "pano lines off" mode for so long by the prior owner that it was reluctant to kick back in when set correctly. I can almost understand why it was turned off since the pano frame lines are always in place, even in non-pano shooting so if you rarely shoot pano, it's less confusing to simply turn them off. At this point however, I'd rather not tempt fate so I'll leave them alone and keep them on. Frankly, it would have made more sense for the pano lines to only appear in the in that mode and the regular lines to disappear with the flip to the pano mode.</p>