Problem with D90 or Battery Grip?

joe_h3

<p>Ok so here is the deal...<br>

A couple weeks ago I was shooting an engagement session with my two bodies - D300 and D90 (brand new), made it the entire day and as I was walking back to the car I noticed my D90 blinking, the top LCD display was blinking, the viewfinder was blinking, even with power off it was still blinking. Needless to say I was a bit freaked out...so once I got home I started troubleshooting and got the blinking to stop when I disengaged the battery grip from the camera and then reattached. For what is worth, the battery grip is the Zeikos version...<br>

Started doing a lot of research and wasn't able to find anything talking about MY blinking problem, only known problem with Nikon battery grip was battery showing dead despite full charge where the remedy was to bend the battery contacts on the camera.<br>

This last weekend I shot a wedding and was beforehand trying to "test" the D90 to see if I could duplicate the problem, I was able to. For some reason the battery grip / camera only works with 1 of the Nikon batteries in the left slot in the grip with the other on the right side. Although both were fully charged, if I swapped batteries (the one on right to the left and vice versa, it wouldn't work and would freak out doing the blinking thing. In addition, the camera only works with 1 battery in the left side, if I have only 1 on the right side it doesn't work...no blinking, just no power.<br>

I am lucky that both parts are under warranty but just want to know WHAT is the problem so I know what needs to be fixed...I am leaning towards the grip but hoping that someone out there has had a similar problem and can offer advice.<br>

Thanks a ton!</p>

<p>I got the nikon grip and the battery should work in either slot, whether its a single battery or both.</p>

<p>Do you have any issues with out the grip? Have you been able to go to a local shop and try a nike battery grip on your nikon body? Does your model grip support the use of a single battery in either lsot?</p>

<p>If i had to guess i would say its a grip issue. Never noticed any issues of blinking with my D90.</p>

<p>GL!</p>

<p>I had the same problem w/ a Zeikos NBG-80 grip on a D80. The grip worked for about 15 days. Then the slot thing started. At first I thought it was off-brand batteries. But alas, the right slot was just dead no matter what I put in it. Returned it and went w/ a Nikon MB-D80. Never had a problem since.</p>

<p>LA Whitlock...<br>

Glad I found someone with the same problem. My question to you is:</p>

<p>1. Did you have the problem with only 1 battery working in the left slot with the other in the right but if switched then the blinking issue?<br>

2. Did it not work with 1 battery and only 2?<br>

Thanks!!</p>

<p>It started w/ the switching the batteries and getting the blinking E015 or sometimes E019 in the viewfinder, but eventually, the right slot just went dead. On my battery status in the menu, the right battery would not show up at all. So for a few days I used the right slot as kind of a storage slot for the second battery. I missed a shot at a football game swapping the batteries from right to left and at that moment I decided to take it back and go Nikon.</p>

<p>LA just reminded me, have you checked the battery settings on your D90? You need to select the type of batteries you use and make sure the camera is setup correctly. Just a thought if you haven't looked yet.</p>

<p>If still having issues, just return it and get a Nikon model, I have no issues with mine like stated before.</p>