Problem with camera, photos half black?

brandi_carballo

<p>I am having a problem with my 5D mark ii. I am taking photos indoors, of food, very well lit with overhead light and 2 strobes. The bottom half of all of my photos are black, it is not a shadow, it is solid black. I tried changing lenses, same problem. The weird part is, when I point my camera out the window at the neighbor's house it works fine. But all my indoor shots have the black part. I tried re-arranging my lights, I am confident it is not a shadow. I don't know if my lens release is not opening all the way? But I also can't figure out why it would work fine looking outside. I did try moving around, too, shooting from various distances and angles and still have the same problem.</p>

Just confirmed, the sync speed for the 5D Mk II seems to be 1/200s. This means the shutter curtains are opened

completely only when you select a Tv speed of 1/200s or lower. When your camera is set to a faster speed, like 1/500s,

the second curtain is already closing before the first curtain is fully opened. (You may google flash synchronization for

further detail). You must also consider a delay when a wireless trigger is used, reducing the effective sync speed, perhaps

in 1/3 to 2/3 stops, in this case down to 1/125s.