Problem with Bronica ETRSi

Uncle Goose

<p>Recently my ETRSi began to act strangely, every now and then I experience a problem, the problem seems random but the effects are always the same. When shooting (like on 1/2 second or so) the shutters stays open indefinitely, the little red shutter light keeps burning. with no other possibility left I wind on forcing the the cycle to complete and the next shot defaults to 1/500th second. After that it works again for some shots and then at some point the problem repeats itself. I tried everything, cleaning contacts, new battery, different lenses, different back, the whole nine yards but to no avail. Anybody knows what could be the problem??</p>

<p>Does this happen with different lenses as well?<br>

Check the lens to see if the slide (that thing with the screw in the middle, an A on one side) on the underside of the front of the lens is not set to the bulb mode? <br>

Also is this battery a fresh one or one that has been in it for some time?<br>

Is it alk or Lith?</p>

<p> </p>

The more you say, the less people listen.

<p>I'll have to agree, it sounds like an electrical problem since the lenses don't make any difference. One tip off is 1/500th, that is the default speed if the battery is dead or missing. Perhaps it's a loose or corrded wire.</p>

<p>In any case, have it looked at.</p>

The more you say, the less people listen.

<p>Ahh well, Looks like it's time for a new body. There are no real repair persons here in Belgium who can actually work on a Bronica that I know off so instead of spending big amounts of cash to ship things out and hear afterwards that they cannot fix it it's maybe the best to buy a new body instead. Keh always seem to have some on stock, although I don't know if they ship to me since it's impossible to get my paypal address confirmed.</p>