problem again - colorfilm too dark and too magenta

Hi,

I recently developed a Vision3 250D in RA-4 (diluted 1+4). Before developer remjet remover and watering. After developer stop (2.5% acetic acid) then bleach and fix.

Problem is that something went wrong.

The film is too dark, means too red or too magenta. Not the normal orange you know, but a dark red.

The scans clearly show that the red channel looks good. As expected. Red is fine.

The green channel has a big problem. Even so the blue channel but slightely less.

Looks like solarisation. All what is black or darker is too green. Except when there is much red. E.g. red back lights from cars.

And the grain looks much stronger.

So thats where the dark mask color comes from: the green and blue channel are also developed in unexposured parts. Just like a (invers) pseudo solarisation.

White -> slight magenta cast

Lighter colors -> ok

Darker grayish colors -> too much green

Parts with less green but much red -> ok (surprisingly)

Dark parts -> too much green, but less

The error is not correctable with simple gradiation curves.

In the lights there is a slight magenta cast. So green seems slightyl underdeveloped in the lights.

I will upload a file where you can see it, if you want.

My question: what went wrong?

1. Of course its a cross development sing RA-4 instead of ENC-2. But the 50D I developed two weeks before was fine.

2. Developer too old? Several weeks in my room where we had up to 30°C in the last month.

3. Contaminated?

4. Reaktion with remjet remover? Contamination?

I dont think its light coming into the tank. The result is constant on the whole film.

Thomas

My first thought is that it has been in a warm environment, or is otherwise old.

Years ago, I did some 5247 in C41 chemistry, which seems a reasonable idea.

To me, RA-4 is too different, if not in actual chemistry, than in the concentrations.

-- glen

For me RA-4 gives better results. ENC-2 has 80% of CD3 concentration than RA-4. So I dilluted it accordingly and pretented its ENC-2.

Both is cross develepment. RA-4 gives better colours, except that blue sky gets a magenta cast.

But the question is: what happend here.