"Pro SD" vs "Pro S"

dougs

i received a "Pro-S" 120 film back from my vendor by accident, it should have

been a Pro-SD back.

other then the logo, is there any reason this will not work on my Pro-SD camera?

are there any differences between the two internally?

tia for your help

The Pro-S back will work with no problems. The SD nomenclature symbolized a change of 7mm increase in the lens mount of the camera for better lens design and available number of lenses use-able on the camera. I do know that the product advertisements touted the double exposure prevention of the SD backs, but do not know if this was a feature of the older Pro-S backs or not. There is also storage of the dark slide on the SD back. Check your back for this as well.

This is not a "Happy Accident" for you. Talk with the vendor and get the SD back, if possible. Three areas of concern here: 1) even at online street prices an SD back is more valuable (expensive) than the ProS. Typically $35 to $60 more with good shopping. 2) the new design will save some money with both repairs and resale value. 3) If you have multiple backs then the inserts are interchangeable within the same back family but NOT between back types.

The ProS back will work fine with the SD body. The capabilities are the same. Both have multiple exposure interlock which can be overriden with a switch on the back. This feature is not available on the earlier Pro backs. As for the dark slide storage the SD has a storage space on the left side looking from the rear so having a storage location on the back is not as critical as with the Pro and ProS bodies. (Critical means that I have lost a couple of these when using a ProS body and back and putting the dark slide down, forgetting it and walking away.)