Pro-1000 and Ilford Galerie Gold Mono Silk: Size issue

I just received my Canon Pro-1000 printer. I bought some Ilford Galerie paper to try some black and white printing, and I ran into a problem. The box says 8.5 x 11" (216 x 279mm), which I assume is the same as US Letter Size. So I set that as my size, loaded the paper and tried to print (from Lightroom). However, the printer refused to print: it claimed that the width of the paper was wrong. And indeed, it is: it actually measures 8.25". So I created a new custom size, and used that. The printer lets that go through, but adds a border, even though there is no border in Lightroom.

I would like to print borderless at 8.25 by 11. Is there some way to do this?

My setup: Mac running OS X (latest); Lightroom version 7.3.1 and Canon pixmaPro 1000.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Have you tried using A4 as size?

Which program do you use for printing? With the Pixma Pro models, there should be Canon Print Studio Pro (which should also work as automation plugin to LR - I cannot vouch for it since I do not use LR) which is a very convenient piece of software to manage your printing. It has a clear simple tickbox "borderless", for example, and it's relatively easy to set up profiles and use colour profiles.

The printer has no way of gauging the paper size, except the value you enter into the print driver. In Lightroom, that is done under "Page Setup" at the lower left side of the window. It if won't print, it means you have a mismatch between the Canon driver and the Lightroom print engine. I print on US Letter sized paper (8.5"x11") regularly, and have no size conflicts. If you wish to print borderless, and your paper is 8.25" wide, it would be best to set up a custom size for the layout. Otherwise a lot of ink will be deposited outside the paper borders.

In addition to the Page Setup, margins/borders and the maximum print size are also set in Lightroom, in the vertical panel on the right. Borders are set by default, and must be reset in order to obtain a borderless print.