Printroom.com vs. Photoreflect.com?

jennifer_summer

I use both. Printroom makes me a lot of money because they do most of the work. You just give your customer the address and sit back and collect. As for profiles. I have found them very close, but if they are a little off, my customers haven't said a thing and have been quite happy. keep in mind that I rareley see the orders which is the true blessing. They ship direct and handle all service. If the customer isn't happy then printroom handles all customer service. Now, I do not use them as a print house for my enlargements or proofs, but rather for certain event fulfillment orders. As I understand it, photoreflect doesn't do any printing. They just host images and collect payments for you to fulfill your own orders. Printroom is the better over all tool in my mind.

I use photoreflect. It's OK. The previous poster said that photoreflect only takes orders and that you have to fill the order. I don't think that is true. I do fill my own orders, but photoreflect does have labs that they work with for printing. I do believe that you can choose one of their labs and you can have them do the printing and shipping.

I am pretty sure that photoreflect does have labs you can send your images to, but I prefer the ease of use of printroom between the two. Once uploaded, I no longer have to think about it. My main service where 95% of my orders go is actually collages.net with which I have to fulfill orders my self or through their labs, but answering the question between photoreflect & printroom, printroom for me has been the best combination of tools and time effectiveness. The layout, I like better so printroom (for me) is a little better. I also have not liked the process for signing up for most of these labs, but that is merely a process issue and this may not be the same for you.

Aron,

So why do use collages.net the most. I'm trying to find something to replace Pictage.com which is just getting so expensive. I'm sick of paying for uploading when its free so many other places. But I don't want to run around to the lab as i'm also the mom of a 2 year old. So far i like printroom but i do like that photoreflect doesn't charge a setup fee and i like how you can categorize your images. You obviously paid to sign up with printroom and actually use something else so i'd love more feedback.

"Aron, So why do use collages.net the most".

Jennifer, I use collages.net because the presentation is first rate(they have added music too), and the fees are extremely resonable. Set up was absolutely free, I only pay as I want to launch an event, and it is a flat fair fee per event. In other words, no required monthly fee, unless you want unlimited uploads. The reasons I did not use pictage are that they fee you to death, a set up fee(often waived), high upload fees, higher price for images than my lab, and the fact that you have to deal with someone to set up an account. Collages was completely done online. The reason I use collages over printroom is usually for weddings only, the upload tool is fast and more consistent and easier to use that printroom, the layout looks more professional, access for my customers was more consistent and fool proof(frequently got complaints about inability to access printroom), page loads have been faster on collages, the customer notification e mail on collages is awesome, and they follow up with your customers and manage the list for you and I choose a lab or send the orders to my own lab giving me a better choice of paper. For weddings I use endura rather than the Crystal archive available on printroom. That being said, I do and will continue to use printroom for sports photos and sports(cheerleading, etc.) events. Printroom is still a very good sales tool and offers a great deal of products great for parents of athletes like sports cards, posters, picture packages and the cards that allow you to presell photos and just have the parents log in and fulfill the order. Printroom is an excellent sales tool since they hanlde everything and you collect the checks where as collages is a more upscale system that I will reserve for weddings and Bar/Bat Mitzvahs. I hope my rambling makes sense and I am sure my grammar is bad this time of night.

Sorry Aron, I don't think I worded my last post correctly. You upload your images to photoreflect for your customers viewing. They choose what they want to purchase. And if you are using one of photoreflects labs, the order will be filled by the lab. I guess it works the same like Printroom. The photographer can just sit back and let someone else handle the printing and shipping.

• 5 years later...