Printing with Lightroom is great except for.....

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by hugh_sakols, May 13, 2009.

1. Now that I have my images organized in Adobe Lightroom, I how easy it is to print and not have to go into photoshop. However, I'm still using photoshop cs3 for printing because I have a sharpening action that I use for larger prints. I'm surprised that I cannot incorporate PSD actions into Adobe Lightroom. I realize a lot of creative work has gone into lightroom, but do others wish that they could incorporate their own sharpening actions. Lightroom sharpening is great but I have no control compared to other sharpening actions.

2. I dont see any more control in Photoshop CS than I have in LR...
    You might find it more usable if you go back and read the help file.

3. Have u tried linking out of Lightroom to CS3, performing your action, saving and then printing from Lightroom?
    They are very integrated once you set this up. Good luck

4. I dont see any more control in Photoshop CS than I have in LR...

I hear lightroom sharpening is very good and I think Jeff Shewe helped with it. However, unlike my actions from Charlie Cramer, I can't see what is being sharpened and what is not. And yes Mark when I make large prints I open PSD through lightroom.​

5. EricM

EricM Planet Eric

6. I use Lightroom 2's embedded print output sharpening. It seems to do an excellent job. Have you tried it, compared to your sharpening action in Photoshop?

7. Keeping everything straight between photoshop and lightroom, etc, has always been a wonder and a problem for me...
    until I came to understand that lightroom is good for 'global' adjustments, whereas, photoshop is good for, or needs to be used for 'local' adjustments.

8. ... Except that Lightroom 2 includes several tools for doing local, selective area adjustments.

9. Thanks Eric that is just what I was looking for.