Printing on canvas tips and ideas from Paul at Canvas Printers

paul_clayton3

<p>Hello Everyone, my name is Paul and I am the owner and main operator of www.canvasprinters.com<br>

I just became a registered member of photo.net and I would like to say hello to all. I am not a professional photographer but probably would be if I didnt dedicate most of my time to printing and working on digital art and trying to be creative. I am not new to photography and not a beginner I just have not focused on it yet. Well with that all said, what I need is some input from photographers to let me know what they would like to see in a large format printing website. One of the things I am working on right now is trying to create the biggest source for public domain photographs and artwork, a list of all the places with all the search boxes on one page. Also trying to do the same with editing software. Any suggestions would be great. Also I am here to answer any questions anyone may have that has to do with canvas printing such as ink types, icc profiles, stretching and mounting process and such. Thanks everybody</p><div>00a28C-443635684.jpg.5b9db655ded0b5bd82b834f1fe7bb057.jpg</div>

<p>Hi Mark, On your question about what I wish customers knew before submitting a photo. The problem I usually get is that customers either send in a image that is either way to small to make a decent print or they will send an overkill image that is 500megs for something like an 8x10, another thing that happens a lot is that I have to saturate the colors in about 8 out of 10 orders, I do not mind doing it at all but I am surprised by the amount of pro photographers that send in files that are not optimized for the best color output. I will say that is one thing that I have mastered is getting the brightest and boldest colors on a print without overdoing it. Maybe I will try and explain my process. And finally the myth that a photo has to be at least 300 dpi in order to make a quality print I think many people do not think that they can get a full quality enlargement of their image. I can get a very nice quality 36x48 enlargement from an 8 megapixel camera and great results on a 16x20 enlargement from a 3 meg camera. Those are the main things that are confusing to most armatures and some pros as far as digital photography goes. </p>