printer not recognized

<p>I recently purchased an Apple laptop and loaded software for my Epson R2400 and 1280 printer. Unfortunately neither of these printers show up anywhere nor in the listing of printers available for printing . I am using Photoshop CS4. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks! David</p>

<p>hmmm-ok-just wanted to make sure that you were looking in the right place; it looks like the printers were not installed. I have a Mac and an Epson printer (the 1900) and don't really have an answer for you but-just in case-are you running anti-virus software? Many (most?) Mac users don't but if you are, you should disable it while installing your printer software-I had a problem with my printer installation then reinstalled after disabling it and everything was 'ok' after that-just need to remember to turn it back on after! If that's not an issue here, I seem to recall that the printer should not be connected to the Mac until after the software has been installed. Any help? cb</p>

<p>David, </p>

<p>The Epson R2400 driver is not supplied by default, it requires you install the driver which is available via download from Epson. The current version, for Mac OS X v10.5.x, is v6.12. The Epson 1280 print driver is delivered with Mac OS X v10.5.x and is installed by default.</p>

<p>Once the driver for the R2400 is installed, you can configure the system to use both of them with the "Print & Fax" panel in System Preferences. Connect and turn on the printers, then press the + button under the list pane on the left in the panel. Select which printer you want to configure and it will load a driver, create a print queue for it. </p>

<p>I have and use both the R2400 and 1280. </p>

<p>Godfrey</p>

<p> </p>