Print Fulfillment

twmeyer

<p>I'd like to shoot an event and upload directly to a print fulfillment website in real time. <br /><br />I have the tech to edit/upload, but I don't know of a good online lab / fulfillment service that offers that sort of support, ie: server space for an online gallery and print ordering with a ship direct feature and the ability to accept payment via credit card/Paypal.<br /><br />Any suggestions, especially those with first hand user experience to share, will be greatly appreciated... t</p>

<p>I could mention a number of good services that will make prints and ship direct to your clients, and pay you via Paypal, e.g. I'm pretty sure you can do this with Zenfolio, SmugMug, Fotomerchant, Photoshelter, and others. I've used all four of these services and they're good. </p>

<p>The only thing I don't quite know is, how you initiate an order. Do you want to upload the files from your camera somehow to a particular folder on the service's servers and then have them printed automatically to the client you've previously associated with that folder? Not sure I know how to do that. What I'd do is upload, then at the end of the evening go online and place the order myself.</p>

<p>Be curious to see if someone else has a good answer for this question.</p>

<p>Will</p>

<p>The goal is to upload continuously during an event via assistant with a laptop who posts selected files to a specific server/fulfillment hosting site where the person in the photo can then view the photos, download a watermarked file for smart phone, and/or order prints from whatever device they choose, pay via credit card or PayPal and receive those prints in the mail a few days later.<br /><br />I think <a href="https://www.shootproof.com/">these folks</a> might be the ticket... t</p>

<p>Tom said:</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>I think <a href="https://www.shootproof.com/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">these folks</a> might be the ticket . . .</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Interesting find! Unfortunately, I just signed up with SmugMug's Portfolio package for a full year ($12.50/month, less a 20% discount for the first year), but ShootProof's business model seems <em>very</em> interesting.</p>

<p><a name="pagebottom"></a></p>

<p>Tom said:</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>The goal is to upload continuously during an event via assistant with a laptop who posts selected files to a specific server/fulfillment hosting site where the person in the photo can then view the photos, download a watermarked file for smart phone, and/or order prints from whatever device they choose, pay via credit card or PayPal and receive those prints in the mail a few days later.</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>I think that's an <em>excellent</em> follow-on revenue tactic! Strike while the iron's hot! Turn potential sales <em>prospects</em> into on-the-spot, paying <em>customers</em>, whose purchase decisions will be enhanced by the atmosphere, emotion, and festiveness of the moment! Great post!</p>