print framing

Hello fellow photo.netters

I'm looking for ideas for print framing. What I envision is perhaps a glass front (or plexiglass) with clips that hold the assembly together. Something that would be easy to take apart and insert a new print with overmat.

Sizes for up to a 13"x19" print, but normally just 8.5"x11" or 11"x17".

Thank you for your thoughts and time!

Try UniFrames, available through Amazon and D ick Blick among others. The UniFrame comes in two sizes--one for up to 20x20" and another for up to 40x40". They are under $10 each, work reasonably well if you're careful with them and have the advantage of accommodating different sizes.

If you use thin plexiglass, you will probably want foam core to back up the print so that the assembled package will stay flat. I have almost always used glass for framing since it is cheaper and doesn't scratch as easily as plexiglass. I have also found plexiglass to be a real dust magnet, more so than glass, so it is harder to assemble a frame without having visible dust under the glazing.

Check out the frames available from Ikea. They're cheap enough your can afford to try various options without breaking the bank.

I totally agree. I just found that out recently. They have very nice looking frames. For 13x19 prints, i buy 18x24 frames. I cut my own mat, because that's way cheaper.