Print Credits

If you offer a $75 print credit on a wedding package, the client can use that credit toward the purchase of enlargements/prints. It's a good idea to have your prices set and printed or available on your web site.

Print credits can be rather painful. Unless you have a way for clients to order prints without a credit card, you have to give them refunds after you pay the credit card charges.

Icky.

The EOS Templates solve the problem with an option called "EOS mail", where the customer can order prints without using a credit card.

www.eostemplate.com

The EOS templates work best with Breezebrowser.

Later,

Paulsky

Print credits for me using Instaproofs works this way:

I purchase print credits through Instaproofs, and pay a 6% fee for the credits.

I receive a code for the stated amount, this code can only be used on one gallery (the one that I've specified when I purchased them). I send this code to the B&G.

They go online to their gallery, order their prints in the usual manner, and use the code to make payment. If they go over they can use their credit card to pay the rest of the balance on their order.

Most of the time the studio will offer a package which includes "x" number of print credits, typically this is a form of a token economy. You assign a values to 4x6s, wallets, 5x7s, 8x10s, and so on. Then the B/G can mix and match their prints up to a certain point. Additional prints outside their package point are available as an ale carte expense. Since their is no actual market value to the "credits", if the B/G don't use all their credits you are under no obligation to refund any real monies.

I find offering a print credit a real breeze.

I post the photos on-line. They go through and write down their selections and size and then send it to me in an email. I process the order and we're done.

One stipulation ... ALL the print credit must be used in ONE order. I refuse to keep a running tab.

This is the system I went to this year and it's worked fabulously.

Oh yeah ... if they choose to use the credit towards an album ... all the easier.

I include a certain number of units in each package, 12, 24, or 36. When the client buys their package they are getting a print credit for that quantity times my current retail price for 1 unit. Then I just create an electronic coupon the amount they are worth. Then they can place an order for any amount of enlargments, plug in the coupon and it reduces the amount they owe by however much the coupon I assigned them is. If they don't order online or don't pay by credit card, I just give them the prints without any additional transaction.