preservation of kodachrome slides

<p>Hello, I recently shot a few rolls of kodachrome 64. I have always just kept my processed slides in the little box that it comes back to me in from Dwayne's photo. I was wondering if this is the best method to keep the slides preseverd and in top shape? I was thinking of putting them into a slide tray for easy viewing because id like to look at them on a projector every once in while. Another alternative that i thought of was that i thought id just get a few of those plastic sheets in which you can store your slides individaully in its own little protactive case, much like the sleeves you use to store negatives. But i didnt really know which method is best, or does it really matter? Thanks for your help, and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I have recently viewed some old slides in plastic sleeves and was not pleased by some moisture I found in some of them. The ones left in the original box look fine, but I'll be moving them to a similar box that is archival. I would probably not store them in trays because the plastic they use may emit toxic fumes.</p>

<p>Like Paul Lewis I use Logan metal slide boxes for my Kodachromes. My father's Kodachromes from the 1950s have been in Logan metal slide boxes since at least since the early 1960s. When I first acquired my father's Kodachromes in the Logan boxes, I did a search and found the same box is still produced today. I've seen them at B&H, Logan Electric SLide File #110 (what I use).</p>

<p> I also keep my K-'Chromes in the little yellow & white box they came in via Dwaynes. I take the best ones and stick those in plastic sleeves. All of these are, in turn, kept in a foot locker with a giant Zorb -It pasted inside.</p>