Presenting to new clients...

Discussion in 'Wedding and Event' started by patrick_s|2, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Hi all,

When showing your work to new clients, what types of presentation
    books do people out there like? Or do you show raw prints in a
    box? I have a portfolio of 10x10 prints printed on 11x14 paper, and
    can't make up my mind how to show them. I have been using various
    boxes and I think it looks lame and unprofessional.

Patrick

2. I show 16x20 and 11x14 prints in cardboard frames. Reason: so that several people can
    see them across the coffee table. Furthermore, I have 8 more albums that I show.

3. I use a showroom that has quite a few framed 20 x 20 prints (approx. 25). In
    addition to that I have about 8 albums of different size pictures..10 x 10, 7 x 7,
    5 x 5, 5 x 7, etc...

I find that the large prints make more of an impact, and help to get across my
    style to the client even if they only want smaller images.

4. I have found the best sales tool is to show what you deliver at each wedding.For me this is a 4x5 or 4x6 book of 200-300 prints containing a complete wedding.I have 2-3 samples and then I show the "storybook" type albums.These are leather with 12-24 pages containing a mixture of print sizes.I normally show 1-2 of these in a sales meeting.I also have a few 11x14's & 16x20's laying around to give them a feel for print sizes.I like to minimize what I show,so I dont confuse them.

5. In addition to framed work and sample books -- I always have an actual wedding on hand that I'm working on for reprints/albums etc..
    I explain that anyone can show you the best of x number of years .. But here they can actually see 3-4 proof books from one wedding which gives them a real clear idea of what they'll be receiving.