Presentation

celal_teber

Hi All,

after I've taken my first full wedding , just wanted to have perfect result from photo shooting to editing.

Wedding day everything was great and I was quite happy with photos. Re-touching process took me couple of days.

When it comes to giving the photos on a cd, I didn't like them at all because of lack of color quality. Photos

different on photoshop and any other photo viewing programs. It's understandable because on photoshop we see

actual photos without compressing but on other basic programs we see compressed photos.

If you could give me some tips about the best thing to present , I'll appreciate .

Calibrate your monitor to either a pro lab that you intend to use, or that you will be recommending your clients to

use. If you are printing from your own printer, then calibrate your monitor to that. Most labs will be able to give you a

calibration print which you work from to get your monitor colours and brightness as much the same as possible. But

note: a print will never look as luminous in the white end of the range as it does on the screen.

You cannot make allowances for what a client will view on - in other words, unless a client is advised to calibrate

their own monitor to the same settings as your own, it will not look the same. So if you are handing over a CD to

them, there will be differences in what you see and what they see from the same media.

This is why printers and designers use pantone colour charts - since it allows the user to select a specific colour

which can be viewed printed in the hand - this way it is possible to predict what the final outcome will be no matter

what is being seen on a screen, and regardless of the software being used.

The bottom line is that you have to calibrate your monitor according to a printed example in the hand.

Another point to bear in mind is that most labs print from RGB files these days rather than Adobe RGB or CMYK.

Find out what your lab does and set your camera and software settings accordingly.

Celal, you shouldn't be having severe color shifts from Photoshop to other photo-viewing software. The only cause for this

that I can think of would be that you're working in some strange custom Proof Setup in Photoshop. Otherwise, the only

color shifts would occur in printing, or when viewing on different monitors. I'm not a professional printer or color manager,

so I could be missing something... But I recommend that you make sure your monitor is properly calibrated and you've run

several test prints. Then you should be able to deliver the files to your clients with a good lab recommendation and not

have to worry about anything. And like Jo said, sRGB is the safest bet when delivering files to your clients. Many labs

(especially consumer labs) will only print sRGB, and this could cause color shifts if they're converting your filetypes after

the fact.