Pregnant bride

At 18 weeks it could go either way. She could not hardly be showing, or she could have "popped". (I was a bridesmaid in a wedding when I was 6 months pregnent, and only the people who knew me well knew I was pregnant.) I would concentrate on mostly close up shots that don't show her belly if she is showing. Take a few full length, so she has a choice, but do a lot more up close. That way if she think it shows too much full length, she will still have a lot to choose from.

I don't know how this would work, it is against everything I've ever learned about posing. I had a friend who did some pregnant portraits of a lady who was 8 months pregnant. She wasn't very big. She looked more like 5-6 months pregnant. Anyway, the shots that were straight on to the belly, you could hardly see that she was pregnant. Maybe if you posed her more square to the camera, you wouldn't be able to see her protruding belly. Like I said, it is against everything I've learned about posing, but maybe it would work. Good luck! (Aren't you glad you get challenges like this to make you better?)

Do what she asks. She was specific in this request, so advice to not do it is less than

helpful.

Shoot a lot, edit with the objective in mind. Concentrate on angles that diminish the mid-

drift. Avoid side shots. Shoot from a higher perspective. Shoot or crop tighter. Use the

flowers and a frontal perspective to disguise it. Shoot from the back of the church with a

wider lens ... etc., etc.