Praktica Nova 1b

greg_nixon2

A few posts back I was talking about M42 lenses for this camera. I would like to take the top off and have a look at the prism and also clean under the iso dial and and frame counter dial. Does any one have or know where to get a service manual for one. I really don't want to leave scratch mark on the decals.

Hi Greg, please try these links.I think that I have the manuals. My scans are not available easily. I am also not in good health I shall try and search my archives and post the manuals when I find them. May atke some time. Good luck. SP

1. Praktica (VEB) Nova (Camera) Manuals
    https://www.camera-manual.com/model/praktica-(veb)-nova-camera...
    We stock 1000s of high quality printed Praktica (VEB) Nova manuals. CONTACT US OR ORDER TODAY.

2. Service Manuals
    https://www.servicemanuals.net/service-manual/PRAKTICA/all-models/...
    From our vast selection of Praktica service manuals, you can search by model number to easily find the exact service manual you require to fix any Praktica device.

Hi Subbarayan.

Thanks for the links. None have the service manual for this camera listed. OTC may have it. I'll check.

Of the service manuals listed, MTL3, MTL5, SuperTL1000, SuperTL3, TL1000, TL3, are any close to the nova 1?

Sorry to hear about your ill health, I hope you can resolve it soon.

Here are a few pictures that may help. There are some differences, such as the ISO dial on the Super TL, whereas you have an exposure calculator dial on the Nova.

index.thumb.jpg.a37f7af43ccd7ccf9572bf6421706418.jpg

A few notes:

1) The screws securing the top cover have a narrow slotted head and take a fine slotted screwdriver.

2) The covers for the shutter speed dial and film advance lever are glued on. A drop of naphtha will help loosen them.

3) Eyepiece can be disassembled to clean haze. It's made of plastic IIRC.