PPA Insurance - know anything about it?

I'm a PPA member and have insurance through them. I may not be the best

respondent because I've never had to make a claim or test the policy, but I feel

good about the coverage and know based on comparison with our personal

insurance broker that the PPA is very competitive.

I will also say that my PPA membership has paid for itself in other ways, including

jobs I've gotten through the web site, the Professional Photographer magazine

(which I look forward to monthly) and the other benefits.

:) Karen Lippowiths

Karen ,

There 's an upcoming article in "Professional Photographer" (PPA's magazine --I'm a Technical editor for the magazine ) about a photographer who used it to pay for wedding restaging and guest travel expenses after, well, let's just say a large dog ate some of his homework, and the magazine has received lots of comments from photographers who have used the insurance after catastrophic RAID array failures.

• 1 month later...

PPA is a great orginization so I would trust the companies they endorse. I recently attended a leadership training and meet several folks from the top. It was well worth it.

As for insurance I have mine through Marsh Affinity (the comp PPA recommends). However, I am wondering what others have had experience wise with the company here through photo.net.

I don't mind paying extra for service but as it stands now the policy for my equipment would be MUCH less through this place instead of Marsh.

Anyone had any claims experience with the company through photo.net? Much thanks!

Adrian