PP to get a rembrandt / oil painting effect ?

Discussion in 'Portraits and Fashion' started by jonathan-eyal, Dec 13, 2012.

  1. SCL


    If you do a search on PN you will get a lot of hits on these types of pictures, neither of which are reflective of the Rembrandt style. The 2nd one is called a draganized effect.
  2. thanks Stephen, but i didnt mean the dragan effect (andrzej Dragan). and i do mean Rembrandt - the overall look (not just the lighting). here is another example of the PP look i'm talking about: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60657874@N02/6845328980/
  3. When I was doing visual arts at college the Rembrandt effect, in photography, was the lighting, when lite from the side one side of the face was in shadow except for a triangle of light highlighting the eye. See photo.
    As for an oil painting effect for photos nearly all good and a lot of bad imaging software offer filters for such effects.

    Saw a book awhile back that was very good. I belive the title was "Digital Photo Art".
  4. Yoni,
    You could also try and send Joanna an email and ask her... :)

Share This Page