pouches/boxes for lenses on boards

joel_sackett

I use the padded cells from Outdoor Research. http://www.orgear.com/(click the Backpacking/Camping link). The red #1 is good for one lens on a 4x4 board with accessories (it is also nice for a Rolleiflex), and the Yelow #3 holds my 90 6.8 Caltar, 210 Sironar-N and B+W polarizer nicely. I also use the blue #4 for film holders. They all have a mesh pocket for various doo-dads (in Joel's case his cam).

The Gnass 4X5 lens cases (the longer ones) will hold three current lenses (90mm, 135mm, and a 210mm) on Linhof boards. The zippered compartment on the side is perfect for cams. The shorter lens cases have a side pocket with one clip, but no zipper, so cams could fall out. He also makes a case for the Technikardan (not shown on the website) which holds the Master Technika with room for a darkcloth as well as the optical viewfinder. The Gnass equipment is extremely well built and worth every penny. It is the 'Linhof' of lens cases.

Hi

Word of caution against the lens wraps

I used to use them, can't exactly remember the brand

came in 2 sizes, and in red, green or blue color

It self detioriated, maybe due to the heat / humidity of Singapore ?

left behind was 2 layer of cloth, and lots of fine rubbery foam

that came out from inbetween the 2 cloth layers : (

not very nice/easy to clean off

luckily the lens were capped ....

now i just cap the lens and chuck them into individual

pockets configured in the phototrekker

Lam

I second the idea of CD wallets. They are cheap and provide a hard case to protect the lens. You pull out the CD holders of course. They are just the right size for a 4 in. lens board with lens. I have one for each of my lenses. Keep lens caps on the back and front of the lens too. I have older lenses which are fairly flat, but I think a CD case for more CDs, like 50 or 75 would have more depth for a taller lens.