POTW_Abstract

Sanford

<p>Sanford, for me your photo is indeed abstract, as abstract photography does not have to obey the more restricted conventions of abstract art, but simply to remove us from what may be perceived as reality. </p>

<p>John, lovely mix of two complementary colours, in a warm and inspiring abstract.</p>

<p>Personally, I would categorise all the photos above as "abstract photography". It proves, that this forum concerns a very wide definition of abstraction, but I notice also that they are photos and a camera has been involved in the proces of creation. I see no purely digital abstract images like the one below. </p><div>00eCLs-566056684.jpg.852ab97878dccf261b0a777621e072e5.jpg</div>

<blockquote>

<p>"they are photos and a camera has been involved in the proces of creation"<br>

</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Digital graphics, other conventional graphic art methods, sculpture and painting can all certainly be applied to create abstract images, but most Photo.Net abstract photography forum readers will I think use a camera at some stage of their process of creation, whether it is capture by a camera only process or that of a camera film negative or digital file subsequently modified in post production to create the abstract image.</p>

<p>I wonder, since computers/robotics have advanced to the point they can out smart humans at playing the game show "Jeopardy" if mathematically made fractal patterns are considered abstracts. </p>

<p>That's a bit unsettling which is why I like to see or detect a bit of the natural world in my abstracts. Elon Musk as said in the news we are living in a simulation. </p>

<p>Not if I can help it!</p><div>00eCMW-566057984.jpg.68fdea1d188fa54fc78ca9fed538e4db.jpg</div>