Pot of Gold

Discussion in 'Landscape' started by Sandy Vongries, Aug 15, 2017.

1. A brief shower this morning showed where I might find my pot of gold -- on the rimrock west of the house. Where is yours?
    R0011261_4990R0011261.JPG

2. I can't remember the last time I saw a rainbow in my area (southern Florida). Sigh.......

3. Yeah, Michael, I couldn't live there, but I could do without Fire Season and Blue Northers!

michaellinder likes this.
  4. Grand Teton National Park
    [​IMG]

jcosyn, Fred G, Supriyo and 4 others like this.
  5. Shot after making camp in the rain on a canoe and kayak trip into Shoshone Lake, Yellowstone in August, 2010. I only had my waterproof Pentax W80 camera along, which did fine, but it still irritates me that I did not take multiple photos to stitch together as a panorama. We repeated the trip the next August in hopes of finding better weather, but it rained again, and then snowed the morning that we were packing up!

Dieter - I love the pastel colors of your rainbow. shoshone lake rainbow.jpg

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    jcosyn, Fred G, satya_a and 5 others like this.
  6. shoshone rainbow.jpg
    Another shot of the rainbow that I should have made into a panorama.

Fred G, Supriyo, akocurek and 4 others like this.
  7. m42dave

m42dave Dave E.

Near Creede, CO this summer.

Creede Rainbow.jpg

8. The site of the old, maybe the last, pagan temple at Gamla Uppsala
    Sweden-7109-9-08-Gamla-Uppsala-rainbow.jpg

9. A boat ride away on Lake Michigan off the north side of Chicago. 1441-pot o' gold.jpg

mmarcotte, Fred G and Sandy Vongries like this.
  10. No Pot of Gold but several years ago I was taking a walk just a block away. Thankfully I had taken a D40 with a 18-200 for Fall flowers. Caught this at just the right time. It was incredibly bright - ISO 400 f/20 1/3200
    upload_2017-9-24_15-43-1.png

Sandy Vongries and Fred G like this.
  11. I posted my Pot of Gold here - it was a beautiful sundog but it was removed within 60 seconds.

12. I'm still seeing it!

13. Kenneth, I'm seeing it, too, in the post just above where you said you couldn't see it. Possibly a cache issue.

Now, only since this fine thread has been inactive for a while until today will I post my very different take on the theme, just because it strikes my funny bone. Please take it in the light spirit in which I mean it, as I'm not trying to cheapen the sincere dreams of Oz that precede me here . . . :)

gold-toilet_1254-w.jpg

14. Sunlit ROYGBIV (minus V) through kitchen door

DSC_4334_02062010_418 ROGBI kitchen door 1000 WEB.jpg