Postprocessing Challenge, April 19, 2019

1290952541_ppc4-192s.thumb.jpg.c5d3623ff5aecab25bfaf4f5025b8328.jpg

Here is my rendition. I started off by selecting the sky using "select color range" in Photoshop, which was fairly easy because of the uniform blue sky color. Then, I selected the inverse and pasted the results on a different sky and, of course, added a flying saucer. I added an arc between the fingers, but that's a pretty mild electrical discharge compared with Tom's lightning bolts!

Edited by Glenn McCreery
  • Like 3

Thanx Glenn. This is a fun image to play with.

My first attempt is 'Beam Me Up'. I used a gradient to darken the scene and then cut out the 'lucky couple' and placed them on a separate transparent layer. On another transparent layer, I used the elliptical marquee tool to make the ring, converted it to a path and stroked the path with a feathered brush in white. I duplicated thia many times, which created many layers. I grouped those layers, did a slight perspective transform on the group and then moved it into position. I moved the 'lucky couple' into position and masked where the rings were on the back side. Then I put a border on the image. All in PS.558786374_Beammeup1000px.thumb.jpg.256d435c4261765d346dd56243166afe.jpg

• Like 3

The second one answers the question incited by the sign where it says 'BASED UPON AVAILABILITY'. I put a chunk of shore rock from another photo, duplicated that and applied a heavy motion blur to it, moved the un-blurred rock to the top and added the text bubble. Again all in PS.

Thanx again Glenn for the very fun image to work with.

1300616430_SpaceRocks1000px.thumb.jpg.ca136d7a5f4522531a458263ce6f3271.jpg

Edited by PuntaColorada
  • Like 3

Sorry Guys en Gals,

I've been doing a whole lot more 'volunteer photography' (and PP) than usual over the past 3-4 weeks and I just haven't found the time (or motivation) to join in with the weekly PP challenge. I haven't dropped out and I'm interested as ever in the weekly PP challenge. It's just that I've had other priorities. I hope to be more 'active' on the forum in the coming week!

Mike

• Like 2