Postprocessing Challenge 12 July 2017

ppc712.thumb.jpg.13d3976021fe67128f2c4259bf62620c.jpg I played with cropping and then decided that the strong colors of the background were the most interesting aspect of the image, so I increased saturation. The photographer looked a bit drab in comparison with the background, so I decided that he needed a splash of color. I selected various luminosity ranges with "magic wand" in Photoshop CS5 and then used the "paint bucket" tool to apply various colors.

[ATTACH=full]1198267[/ATTACH] I played with cropping and then decided that the strong colors of the background were the most interesting aspect of the image, so I increased saturation. The photographer looked a bit drab in comparison with the background, so I decided that he needed a splash of color. I selected various luminosity ranges with "magic wand" in Photoshop CS5 and then used the "paint bucket" tool to apply various colors.

A "splash of color," Glenn? After recovering from temporary blindness, I decided I like what you did with the image.

Thanks Michael. I enjoy the post processing challenge as a fun exercise that sharpens my image editing skills without having to take the exercise or the rsults too seriously. If I knew the photographer, and wanted to please him, my results might be something like Tony's.
  • Like 1

Been rather rainy for a while here. I liked the sun & color aspect so....

1. Mirror image

2. New layer - jacked brightness 100% to washout details

3. New layer - Fractalius for painterly effect - linear light blend

4. 16:9 crop

5. Oil paint filter for light texture

Interesting. Somehow I missed the challenge this week.

Do you have an unprocessed, higher resolution version for us to work with? The photographer in the image and some other bits already have sharpening artifacts, such as the halo around his body. If we could see the in-camera version, that'd a better starting point.

Interesting. Somehow I missed the challenge this week.

Do you have an unprocessed, higher resolution version for us to work with? The photographer in the image and some other bits already have sharpening artifacts, such as the halo around his body. If we could see the in-camera version, that'd a better starting point.

Sadly, David, the answer to your question is "no."