Posting an Image with a comment

seven

Time was all images I attached to my comments would display

just above the comment itself. Lately such postings appear off

page via a hyperlink. I realise this must have something to do

with either file size - which I watch - or pixel dimensions.

Could anyone assist - I'd like to know the requisite dimensions/

size to have the demonstration picture show beneath the

original.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

Hi,<br>

I hope anybody is still reading it and can answer, although the thread is a bit old now.<br>

Supposing I have posted an image which is too big (and thus diplayed as a link) - how can I change it?<br>

If I choose "edit your comment" I can only change the text but not replace the picture :(<br>

Is this a bug or it is thought so?<br>

Thanks<br>

Maria<br>

BTW: now the "image must be smaller than 512 pixels in width or whatever is no longer displayed in the upload menu - just checked. I am using win XP professional, and MSIE 6.0 right now.

The only way to fix your problem is to "delete" your comment. However, to prevent having to re-type your comment, you can first "copy" the text to the Windoze Clipboard, then make sure your attached image is indeed 512 pixels, or less, wide and repost by "pasting" the text and re-attach your image. No bugs at all...

Sure! You got a point there... If you really need to replace the previous image as a link with a smaller 'visible' version, but didn't want your comment to become out of context, I would just leave the original and make a remark about it in your new comment. After all, the previous version is only visible as a short blue-coloured hyperlink - people don't 'have' to click on it if they don't want to, whereas a 'visible' image could indeed be more annoying (if you wanted to get rid of it, but keep your comment intact, that is...).