Post some pics

Discussion in 'Pentax' started by jgredline, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Hi Folks...The one thing this board needs are more pics...After all, this is a photography forum... I will start out with a few... [​IMG]
    By jgredline [​IMG]
    By jgredline Here is an ambulance I caught in my mirror. [​IMG]
    By jgredline Here is the same ambulance through my front windshield. [​IMG]
    By jgredline

2. Well, just remember you asked for it, and I happen to have some extended time I can sit and pick through pix.... Call me weird, but I LOVE old cemetaries.
    00OXl3-41904984.jpg

3. last one from that particular cemetery - Western KS
    00OXlF-41905184.jpg

4. I am so freaking tired of this stuff already
    00OXlK-41905284.jpg

5. we got a full inch in about 5 hours. Good news is, it'll be gone by noon, as we'll be back up to a more "normal" temp nearing 50. Yahoo!! And, darn that gimmick of in-body SR - it let make take this one @ 1/6th of a second. The sun was completely below the horizon, and the cloud cover was very heavy.
    00OXlY-41905384.jpg

6. Some shots from my recent trip to India in January.

7. Try again, it's been a while.
    00OXln-41905584.jpg

8. cccccc
    00OXlr-41905684.jpg

9. eeeeee
    00OXlv-41905884.jpg

10. hhhhhh
    00OXm1-41906184.jpg

11. Del, I love those pics. I was in India in the 70's and your beautiful potraits bring it back. Well done.

12. Thanks Micheal. Taking good pictures in India is like shooting fish in a barrel - great shots are everywhere you turn. It is the most colorful place on this earth that I've ever been to. Here's some proof!
    00OXmm-41906884.jpg

13. Del, I can smell those spices. Great great shots

14. Sorry for monopolizing the thread. More from India to come later.

15. Here are a couple from my recent trip to Palm Springs.
    00OXnB-41907784.jpg

16. Here is another one taken at the San Diego Zoo
    00OXnE-41907884.jpg

17. And lastely, here is one taken at the Living Desert in a butterfly house
    00OXnM-41907984.jpg

18. oh of my favorites:
    00OXo6-41908184.jpg

19. that's ONE of my favorites, not OH of my favorites... jeez i'm more exhausted than I thought...

20. screwing around before my brother's wedding:
    00OXoA-41908284.jpg

21. I'm going to take the easy way out and invite you to my pnet portfolio--in particular, my "New Stuff" folder Note that all but a few of the shots there were taken with the incomparable 77mm Limited--boy, do I love that lens!

22. Can I just say, "ARGHHHH!"?

23. Some great pictures, people. :) Maria, I also love cemetaries - makes my skin tingle being in the oldest parts - reading dates. I get the same feeling in museums. Just love old things, history, the stories that have been forgotten.

Best two shots from the India portfolio - were the one of the coke machine - Seemed like the cow was waiting in line... and the monkey - and the look on that little girl's face. :)

Mike, great job on the bird shots - I've not mastered taking pictures of birds... it's amazing how you managed to get the wings on the hummingbird. Awesome picture. Also love the colors in the butterfly picture. Makes me miss the summer.

Maria - stop complaining '1 inch'... we got '10 inches' on Friday. It's absolutely gorgeous - but wish it would melt already.

24. Hey Godfrey, some really good pictures. As a beginner - I guess I am wondering - when is it ok to cut off people's heads, and when isn't it? I know your picture works - but, if I took a picture without heads of some friends they'd laugh at me. (I'm guessing, it's not appropriate to be creative when friends are involved.) :)

25. K1000 Shea Stadium 2006 season. last shots before switching to Digital

[​IMG]

26. right field wall shot from Mezzanine over 3rd base with K1000 and sekor 80-204MM lens

27. OK I'll Play
    00OY15-41913184.jpg

28. Color glass at the DMA
    00OY17-41913284.jpg

29. From a local Cometary about a half a mile from work. Good place to check lenses and teh residents don't seem to mind.
    00OY1I-41913384.jpg

30. Testing the DA 50-135
    00OY1N-41913684.jpg

31. Sorry... this just happens to be what I was playing with late last night. Wine can do strange things.
    00OY6P-41916884.jpg

32. Folks
    How cool it was to wake up to all these great photos...all of them are great, from Marias Cemetary to del's trip to india to San Francisco to having a little to much wine LOL...Lets keeps them coming.

33. Just some abstracts.
    00OY7r-41917584.jpg

34. Church Interior.
    00OY82-41917684.jpg

35. Try this again-smaller...One of my favorites.
    00OY8B-41917784.jpg

36. A little bigger.
    00OY8N-41917884.jpg

37. [​IMG]

Thanks for the compliment, Rose!

Rose Duclos:
    > ... when is it ok to cut off people's heads, and when
    > isn't it? I know your picture works - but, if I took a picture
    > without heads of some friends they'd laugh at me. ...

To quote a famous guy's book cover:

"Why Should You Care What Other People Think?"
    - Richard Feinman

I don't know ... I frame however seems pleasing to my eye. What's important is that the photo expresses what *you* want it to. ;-)

enjoy
    Godfrey

38. Chihuly glass from Indianapolis Children's Museum display.
    [​IMG] Be gentle, I'm a beginner.

39. I've got some older one's I never got around to posting... This is from a friend's appartment in Puerto Vallarta, Mx. Man, I love that place...
    00OYAR-41919084.jpg

40. ... And who doesn't love photo's from work. This entertainer allowed me to take pictures during his performances, from my position behind him on stage! (as long as I gave him his pick of the results) Anyway, here's what a show looks like from my perspective...
    00OYAe-41919184.jpg

41. the 2 glass pix are really cool. Niiiiiiice. and Sean, that is actually a really neat portrait there.

42. This is a nice thread. I agree that more pictures on the Pentax forum would be a helpful addition. Over on the Leica forum they have a POW (picture of the week) thread every week where everyone posts their best single shot that week, and something similar here would help stimulate conversation and balance our discussions of gear with more discussions of photographs. I realize that this is an equipment based forum, but we could even use the pictures as a gateway to discussing the techniques, equipment, accessories... that were used to create the shot if it was deemed necessary to keep the forum focused on gear. It seems like different forums/moderators on photo.net have different policies on the use of pictures in the forums.

43. Another picture for good measure.
    00OYFO-41920984.jpg

44. Same as BW version above. This is the softer look she gave me AFTER agreeing to having her picture taken!

45. Always forgetting the caption.
    00OYFX-41921284.jpg

46. ''Del Gray, Feb 24, 2008; 03:43 p.m.

This is a nice thread. I agree that more pictures on the Pentax forum would be a helpful addition. Over on the Leica forum they have a POW (picture of the week) thread every week where everyone posts their best single shot that week, and something similar here would help stimulate conversation and balance our discussions of gear with more discussions of photographs. I realize that this is an equipment based forum, but we could even use the pictures as a gateway to discussing the techniques, equipment, accessories... that were used to create the shot if it was deemed necessary to keep the forum focused on gear. It seems like different forums/moderators on photo.net have different policies on the use of pictures in the forums.''

Agreed...Pictures say a thousand words or more...You have made my point exactly...

47. Very nice photos all!! We should have a weekly image thread. Too bad we couldn't 'sticky' an image thread and replace it with a new one each week.

I think India just moved up a notch in my must-see places.

48. Tom Maher, Feb 25, 2008; 12:22 p.m.

Very nice photos all!! We should have a weekly image thread. Too bad we couldn't 'sticky' an image thread and replace it with a new one each week.

I think India just moved up a notch in my must-see places.

I could not agree more!!!! and yes India is now on the never ending list. ''sigh''

49. Just one more! I shot this tonight with my k100d super, and extensions tubes with a 28-70mm vivatar lens. I can't believe that the peach trees are blooming and it isn't even March!
    00OZLi-41947284.jpg

50. A few more..... [​IMG] [​IMG]

51. It's been a cold winter. Heavy snow. Iso 500. Weather resistant k10d.

52. And again.

53. I need a dummies guide :) 3.rd time's the charm I hope.

54. Fredrik, very nice frosty pines!!!

55. I agree with Tom
    You get a real perspective of what those conditions where really like...