Post Processing Portraits

Discussion in 'Portraits and Fashion' started by mart_mingo, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Hello everyone I'm new here - wondering if you can share programs you might use with success for post processing portraits. Adobe Creative Cloud is always there but are there any other programs you like for post processing portraits?

2. Spearhead

Spearhead Moderator Staff Member

I use Portrait Pro, it works well as long as you back off the default face shaping.

3. Portrait Pro, good and easy to use

4. Imagenomic's Portraiture is pretty much the only plug-in I use. It's fast, customizable, and works great.

5. I took photos of the local community theatre's annual benefit play. One of the actresses, a friendly neighbor, complained about her photo looking old & wrinkled. I was able to use Photoshop Elements 14 / Guided / Perfect Portrait to easily & quickly get results she was pleased with. My PP skills are modest as I rarely use the tools.

6. The correct answer is: "But y'are, Blanche, y'are." [see Whatever Happened to Baby Jane]

(Just a joke. You'd never say this to anyone.)

7. Yeah, but she has Betty Davis eyes. No, she didn't ask, I just slightly softened the display portrait, certainly not a transformation. A little kindness goes a long way in small towns.

frankkinnock likes this.
  8. If you can afford it, Capture One.

9. And who doesn't believe in resurrections... :)

Wonder what the OP has been doing since posting this last year and never acknowledging any replies.

Fred G likes this.