Post Processing Challenge Saturday 2nd September 2017

Another weekly challenge.

If anyone else would like to post next week please give it a go, upload a High resolution jpeg. Just indicate by Wednesday next in this thread if you are willing to try.

Remember there are no rules you can do what you wish in your interpretation, but if you can give information of the steps taken and software used to add interest.

It is not meant as a competition just a bit of fun.

The source photo is the remains of Wroxeter Roman town in Shropshire UK, the background building is a modern interpretation of a Roman villa.

PPC_Source_2nd_September_2017-1.thumb.jpg.acc30d464ec57d04bfd67cc074333332.jpg

Edited by Gerald Cafferty
  • Like 1

I was going for the Roman villa look despite the fence and the guardrail. Lightroom and Photoshop: Change of perspective and sharpening with Focus Magic. Smart Photo Editor (Anthropics): Application of an effects filter.

[ATTACH=full]1207009[/ATTACH]

Hi Tom, I really like what you've done with this................GC.

I decided to put up a different version, that started with a more drastic crop from the right in PSE15. In Color Efex, I applied a warming filter and then solarized the image.[ATTACH=full]1207963[/ATTACH]

Thanks, GC. I was hoping for at least one response, and you came through. By the way, since I live in Hurricane Irma's projected path, my wife and I are driving to central Florida where the storm's impact hopefully will be less. So I'll be incommunicado at least until next Tuesday.

I decided to concentrate on the right side of the image rather than left. I darkened the sky, Sharpened and darkened the closer rock faces, cloned out the right side path and telephone pole, and then in NIK ColorEfex used the low key setting, and finally used the Polaroid tear off setting to define the border.595854333_ppc.thumb.jpg.c08e6d1f3899daa76ecb4fff4b43821a.jpg
  • Like 2