Post Processing Challenge Saturday 26th August 2017

Another weekly challenge.

Hi Folks Michael and I are happy to keep posting the challenge but we need to know if you are happy to partake. It is a challenge to keep finding files that will hopefully inspire a response, so please give feedback.

If you feel the latest photo is difficult or unsuitable let your imagination loose and give it go. As in many fields "use it or lose it".

The ideal would be for more people to take on the challenge of posting a source image file. Go on you know you want to.

If anyone else would like to post next week please give it a go, upload a HIGH resolution jpeg. Just indicate by Wednesday next in this thread if you are willing to try.

Any way on to this week.

Remember there are no rules you can do what you wish in your interpretation, but if you can give information of the steps taken and software used to add interest. It is not meant as a competition just a bit of fun.

1000143134_PPC_Source_26thAugust2017.thumb.jpg.e823ec60e5a740641fb0e344ca7a55f1.jpg

Edited by Gerald Cafferty
  • Like 1

Gerald, thank you for another weekly challenge. I enjoy this weekly challenge and look forward to it each week. Hope you continue. I took the image into LT for shadows, highlights, cropping, etc. Converted to b/w and processed with antique plate filter in Silver efex 2. Thanks for posting.1470394_ceaf6c4fdfa0a31b058bfba126914407.thumb.jpg.89780a1d2b4eadfc3f5b8ce3f1807f33.jpg
  • Like 4

Initially I used Color Efex to add a bit fog (graduated fog filter) to the top of the image and then I used the graduated neutral density filter to modify the tonalities on the top and bottom areas. In PSE15, I drastically cropped from the bottom and less from the right. The conversion to b&w, tweaking tonal levels, and adding sharpness and detail, all was done in Silver Efex.561070506_1470394_ceaf6c4fdfa0a31b058bfba126914407copy.thumb.jpg.3bd1495b1fc7d9b3d5064a239edf6a7a.jpg
  • Like 3

Black and white is probably the best approach, but I wanted to make the image look more like a poster. I combined the original image as a background layer with a layer using Topaz Simplify white line drawing setting, plus a third layer using Photoshop posterize setting, and played with the opacity of each layer to arrive at the final result.

Black and white is probably the best approach, but I wanted to make the image look more like a poster. I combined the original image as a background layer with a layer using Topaz Simplify white line drawing setting, plus a third layer using Photoshop posterize setting, and played with the opacity of each layer to arrive at the final result.

Fun, eh, Glenn?