Post Processing Challenge, November 28, 2020

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by Glenn McCreery, Nov 28, 2020.

1. There are no rules as to how you apply your post processing to this image; but, please let us know what you have done so we can all learn.

If you would like to post a candidate image next week, please ensure it is of sufficiently high resolution for manipulation by the participants (3000px on the long side, 300dpi for example).

This is a photo of the Santa Barbara, California harbor. santa barbara harbor.jpg

2. Thanx for posting, Glenn.

I have no idea what I was trying to accomplish here; but, here it is and these are the layers I used in PS.

1630871_68652ba3a1e5166a8975e88eb73d05a8-Edit.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at Nov 28, 5.52.47 PM.png

3. Once again, Thanx Glenn.
    Another version followed by layers used.
    Glenn Nov 28 2020-Edit.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at Nov 29, 11.03.04 AM.png

4. When I saw the stature in the foreground, immediately thought of 'gothic'. Most of the credits for this photo-merge go to author of the background, darksouls1 (pixabay.com). The background was sourced from City, fantasy, fantasy city, dark, gothic - free image from needpix.com. I like @PuntaColorada's example of posting a snapshot of the PP edits so I'm including one too. But I did select and resize the statue first.
    boatyard 2 - mike.jpg PS-mike.png
    The "Darken" layer should have been "Contrast" because I wanted more separation between Shadows and Highlights to selectively apply sampled colors from the background.

5. Glenn, thank you for the nice upload! Mostly white vignette, selective color desaturation and healing brush.

marinafinal.jpg

6. I decided to go abstract on this one. Used CS6, cut the statue from the original image, pasted on to an image of star trails, Adjusted the vibrance, color, and contrast.
    weird-startrails.jpg

7. I used Luminar 4 on this attempt. First I used the Mood Enhancer to adjust the contrast, then i replaced the sky with with stars, and finally I used the Mystical tool to add a glow to the image.
    1630871_6865.jpg

luis triguez and PuntaColorada like this.