Post Processing Challenge November 21, 2020

There are no rules as to how you apply your post processing to this image; but, please let us know what you have done so we can all learn.

If you would like to post a candidate image next week, please ensure it is of sufficiently high resolution for manipulation by the participants (3000px on the long side, 300dpi for example).

Most of all, let's have fun while we are learning or demonstrating how we use our post-processing software, imaginations and interpretations.

After 3 years here in Uruguay, discovering what grows here, and much planning, we have implemented over the past month the landscape plan that my horticulturalist spouse drew. 850 bricks, 48 bags of sand, 50mx2m of geotextile, 100 bags of gravel, 2 cubic m of top soil, etc, plus sod removal and excavations (by hand of course) and all material hauled from the front of the house to the back yard or the reverse........

She reads a lot of novels and watches TV shows that are crime based. I didn't notice the book or the program that was entitled "Death by Gardening". I can hear the villain say innocently: "he was just doing a bit of gardening when he fell over dead" .

1498826860_Beachpink.thumb.jpg.a410141cd71563aefac239dcc41dc43f.jpg

• Like 3

redowhite.thumb.jpg.013501da7c1f0ab4720bdd918b34c926.jpg

Thank you for the photo! Here are two versions, one pink and another multicolored. I used PS color range select to grab most of the flower petals with a little quick mask added. I placed the flowers over a white background. I added a border to the one with a little minus clarity, and sent the other (selection only) to a painting program. (Last minute re upload of the pink version: I used 3d Lut Creator to reduce the green and yellow in the center of the flowers.)

PRAC_Input.thumb.jpg.d78bf365659d7351635a039dd14fb076.jpg

Edited by tom_r
  • Like 5

Punta:

I enjoyed the write up of your landscaping project. Just in case, you might alert the neighbors that in your sudden absence they keep an eye out for any new berms appearing in the back yard. :)

tom_r, it would all be very innocent. I'm more worried about her overdoing it than me. In some plot twists, the villain stages their own death to 'pin' it on an unsuspecting person who ultimately pays the 2nd highest price of the crime.

All said in fun. I think I speak for both of us when I say that life without each other would be very difficult.

• Like 2