Post Processing Challenge May 4, 2019

"Another weekly challenge.

If, anyone else would like to post next week please give it a go, upload a High resolution jpeg. Just indicate your intentions by Thursday or early Friday.

Remember there are no rules you can do what you wish in your interpretation, please can you give information of the steps taken and software used to add interest.

It is not meant as a competition just a bit of fun." (Gerald Cafferty)

Taken during Canada Day celebrations in 2015. Have fun.

DSC_6926.thumb.jpg.fbd98c6ade07617d6af18db318e0338b.jpg

• Like 2

"Another weekly challenge.

If, anyone else would like to post next week please give it a go, upload a High resolution jpeg. Just indicate your intentions by Thursday or early Friday.

Remember there are no rules you can do what you wish in your interpretation, please can you give information of the steps taken and software used to add interest.

It is not meant as a competition just a bit of fun." (Gerald Cafferty)

Taken during Canada Day celebrations in 2015. Have fun.

[ATTACH=full]1293892[/ATTACH]

Once again, Punta, you have gifted us with an excellent image to work on.

• Like 2

Version 2 Started with use of PSE15's camera distortion filter to alter horizontal perspective. Then used dodging tool to highlight the text on the vehicle door. Converted to B&W using Silver Efex. Back to PSE for tonal adjustments. Sharpened with Output Sharpener.

todayppccopybw.thumb.jpg.e84a4bcbf9ec676e4fec93a1e14cd9b0.jpg

• Like 3

WK_Edit05042019_1.thumb.jpg.887a417cba4391716722b8a6d6ef5316.jpg

Punta you take make great photos. All work in GIMP. First I cloned out a post on the right side then the shadows on the bottom and next the power lines. Then I decided to try cloning out the firetruck on the left. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea. I the adjusted the black and white points. The girl on the right at this point looked a little washed out so I used the dodge tool the make her a little darker.

• Like 4

2nd one

conrad_hoffman beat me to posting on the colour change theme, but here's my rendition made with an adjustment layer and changing the hue of the reds.

This is what the fire trucks look like in New Liskeard when it is -40 outside (˚F or ˚C, its still -40). It is also why they don't paint fire trucks blue (ugly). But, conrad_hoffman's fuchsia truck.........:)1167535511_NLBlueTruck.thumb.jpg.efa4f6264c58296f6200c13214e4c889.jpg

• Like 5

¡Gracias, Punta! Here my goal was to hopefully capture the gloomy mood of an abandoned vehicle in a setting which has regressed to something like a Louisiana swamp. This version started out with a painting filter, but then I added quite a few overlays and messed around with layer blending and opacity modes plus other adjustments in PS.swamptruck2.thumb.jpg.ba138feb17198e51263b5083d1e150ef.jpg

swamptruck.thumb.jpg.2cba3c0f489283192583813bcde314fe.jpg

Edited by tom_r
  • Like 4

I had 2 ideas for 'morphing' this photo. One was to embed the fire engine into a "toy town" (Lego, etc.). The other - wilder - one was to do a 'Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Universe' (Douglas Adams) version. This is the wilder one (because I'm re-reading the HHGG books :)). My apologies for the rough and ready edges but I'm sure you get the idea. For some strange reason, my version of Photoshop CC's 'sharp edge' (polygon) selection tool selects only rounded edges. Other tools work sometimes inside or outside the selection area. I've reset everything I can think of (or have read about) but to no avail. The only alternative seems to be to uninstall/re-install.

2135039183_Mike1.thumb.jpg.65b0c6f80e6bf05680eac020e2c05138.jpg

• Like 4