Post Processing Challenge May 14, 2022

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by tom_r, May 12, 2022.

1. There are no rules as to how you apply your post-processing to this image; but, please let us know what you have done so we can all learn. If you would like to post a candidate image next week, please ensure it is of sufficiently high resolution for manipulation by the participants (3000px on the long side, 300dpi for example).
    Most of all, let's have fun while we are learning or demonstrating how we use our post-processing software, imaginations and interpretations.

Straight out of camera albeit not too straight.

trees.jpg

2. Oops, the PHOTO ABOVE is in ProPhoto RGB. THE VERSION BELOW THIS LINE OF TYPE IS sRGB. Sorry for the confusion.

treeeees.jpg

3. An exercise in pointillism . . .

Cropped from right edge, expanded ppctrees.jpg verticals, plastic wrap, impressionist brush, pixellate-crystallize, saturation, sharpening

4. A red channel mixed in for contrast and a blue S curve for color.

trees.jpg

mikemorrell and tom_r like this.
  5. An arty (painting) version:
    - curves
    - 'brush strokes' in PS filter gallery
    - Topaz 'Clean' filter
    - horizontal 'wave' to make trees less straight
    - 'linnen' pattern overlay

trees - mike 3.jpg

6. FWIW, before creating my arty (painting) version, I also tried out the new PS Neural Filter (beta) 'Landscape Mixer' filter. But I wasn't happy with the results for this photo and decided to go 'manual'. Perhaps a Topaz 'Clean' followed by the PS Neural Filter (beta) 'Landscape Mixer' filter might have yielded better results.

7. straightened it a bit and added a bit more contrast 1691589_320a5d34ac294cc48154d139cfc41351b.jpg